Developing Leadership Skills
Part of your role as a leader is to support, coach and develop your rising stars. Often senior business people feel they lack the leadership skills and/or the time to do justice to their people in this developmental area. Any such support needs to be tailored and focused to be effective. It also needs to allow up and coming leaders to develop in the context of their current jobs, without removing them from their day to day leadership responsibilities.
Executive coaching is a very productive way of providing practical and constructive support to developing leaders and leadership skills. Working with an independent, objective leadership coach from Stepshift can give your people:
- A trusted, experienced sounding board
- A source of honest feedback on their leadership skills
- A new perspective on how to attack old problems
- An ability to identify behaviour that needs to change and practical support to do so
- New skills and capability in critical leadership areas, such as influence and confidence
- Clarity, particularly in times of change or challenge
When coaching outcomes dovetail with organisational outcomes, the leadership coaching relationship is a highly effective way of supporting and assisting your people to optimise their leadership skills and management potential.